Cannot turn on iPhone SE after Battery was flat

Cannot turn on iPhone SE after Battery was flat

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Issue:
My iPhone SE was running low on battery. Unfortunately I had no opportunity to re-charge it until I got home. By the time I was able to re-charge it, the battery was fully flat. After about an hour of re-charging it, it would not turn on. If I hold down the Wake/Sleep button it will eventually display an Apple logo but doesn't do anything. After a few seconds the screen blanks out. It doesn't get past the Apple logo.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot turn on iPhone SE after Battery was flat

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:46 pm

Solution:
You need to plug the iPhone SE into a PC or a Mac that is running iTunes.

Once you have plugged in the iPhone to the PC or Mac and started up iTunes, press and hold down the Wake/Sleep button and at the same time press and hold the Home button on your iPhone. You may need to keep holding down the buttons for about 20 seconds or more until the iPhone SE displays a picture of the lightning connector and the iTunes logo.

Once this has happened, you should see on your PC or Mac screen a message about restoring or updating your iPhone. In this instance, we want to select update because we don't want to lose any data or configuration. iTunes will now proceed to download any latest update, and once it has downloaded, it will try to install to the iPhone. Hopefully this should revive your iPhone. If not, you will need to take the iPhone to the nearest Apple Store.

Here is a link to an article on Apple's web site which contains further instructions :

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201412
admin
Site Admin

Return to iOS